Het grote fretloze nummers verzameltopic

Heb je iets te vragen over je techniek? Lastige muziektheorie? Wil je je kennis met het forum delen? Post het hier!
Peachabell

Bericht door Peachabell »

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hmdg6xXUAmQ[/youtube]

Bass – Bill Laswell
Wiro

Bericht door Wiro »

Met Tony Levin in een ijzersterke compositie:

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4KP9PNSUME4[/youtube]
basloze fret

Bericht door basloze fret »

Mooi! die kende ik nog niet. Erg Gabriel-achtig. Jammer dat de bas een beetje naar achter is gemixt, ik hoor nauwelijks dat het fretloos is. Ook vanwege de manier waarop hij het speelt dat meer op een gefrette bas manier is. Aparte Musicman trouwens.
Wiro

Bericht door Wiro »

Was ver voor jouw tijd vermoed ik: 1987.

"Somewhere Down the Crazy River"

When asked about the inspiration for album's single "Somewhere Down the Crazy River", Lanois commented: "Robbie Robertson was describing what it was like to hang out in Arkansas with Levon Helm in his old neighbourhood. He was telling me about the hot nights and fishing with dynamite, and was asking someone for directions for someplace somewhere down the crazy river. ... I had presented him with this instrument that Eno introduced me to called the Suzuki Omnichord, like an electric autoharp. He found a little chord sequence with it that was sweet and wonderful. As he was developing his chord sequence I recorded him and superimposed his storytelling, which I was secretly recording, on top. That was the birth of 'Somewhere Down The Crazy River.' It's kind of like a guy with a deep voice telling you about steaming nights in Arkansas.” This song is notable as Robertson's only solo hit in the UK, reaching #15 on the UK singles chart. His follow-up single there, "Fallen Angel" (also from the album) languished at #95. Sam Llanas, from The BoDeans, provided the distinctive background vocals on this song and "Showdown at Big Sky". Due to the popularity of The BoDeans in their home state of Wisconsin, "Showdown at Big Sky" received significant airplay on Milwaukee AOR radio.

Robbie Robertson is the self-titled solo debut by Robbie Robertson, released in 1987. The album won the Juno Award for "Album of the Year", and producers Lanois and Robertson won the "Producer of the Year" Juno award, both in 1989 as there were no Juno Awards held in 1988.
... In addition, Tony Levin and Manu Katché, who were recording with Gabriel, are featured prominently on this record. (The album notes give Ashcombe House, London as a recording venue: this should read Ashcombe House, Bath, Peter Gabriel's home and recording studio at the time the album was recorded).
MacDaion
10 voor taal

Bericht door MacDaion »

--
Maurice Vandebroek
Plaats reactie