Line 6 Relay G30 Wireless System

Plaats hier reviews van bassen, versterkers, snaren, effecten etc.
Plaats reactie
AREA

Line 6 Relay G30 Wireless System

Bericht door AREA »

Digital Wireless got me....

Here´s a short Review.

At First, let me say I´m impressed.

The G30 is real "Plug & Play" nothing you have to adjust or something. Just connect the receiver to the Power Supply, wich is included of course. What I like is, that you can power the Receiver with a Daisy Chain Cable also, when it´s added to your Pedal Board. The Receiver is very light. You feel it´s Plastic. Line 6 says ist not just Plastic, it´s Polycarbonate, wich is more sturdy. Time will tell, but what will you do to, or with the Receiver? Nothing. You won´t step on it or something. Little green Led Chains informes you about the Transmitting Status/Quality/Level/Strenght and about the Battery Status.
With one of the little silver Sliders you can select One of Six selectable Channels, with the other you can simmulate "Cable Tone" of a 15 or 30 Feet long Cable. Just have checked it very fast and it seems, that you loose some little Highs with Cable Tone, but you have to listen very exactly.

The Bodypack Transmitter is also "Bonehead-Simple". Two Signal LEDs show you that you a.) got an Audio Signal and b.) about the Battery Status. You also got a little silver Slider to select one of the six Channels. The Transmitter requieres two AA Size Batteries or Akkus. What I like about the Bodypack Transmitter is, that you can use every Mono Patch Cable to connect the Transmitter to your Bass or Guitar. You don´t have a special and expencive Cable or need one to buy if you like one as a Backup. Just use a Patch Cable in good Quality and about 50cm Length. By the Way, the Cable wich is delivered with the System, is a little bit stiff. It´s not the one you see on the Picture below.

Okay. So far so good.

Plugged in my passive Fender 5-String Bass and the first Thing you notice is: It´s absolut deadly quiet. You hear absolute nothing, if you don´t play. It´s like playing with Cable and it sounds like playing with Cable. I can´t hear any Difference. Same Dynamics, same Signal Quality, same Output Level. I´ve checked and compared it 2-3 Times. I can´t hear any Difference. Really. Tone is as punchy, warm as played through Cable and also the Low B shows no Compression like it does, if you play with analogue UHF Systems. The Tones Sustain rings out until it´s real End, like as you play with Cable. I´ve had the Feel that with earlier used Analogue Systems, Tones were cutted in their Sustain at a Point.

Then I went through my whole Appartement. From Living Room to Bedroom, Kitchen. Through 2-3 Walls. I still have had a Signal. No Drop Outs. Must be enough for every Stage we´re playing on.

That´s my first Impression and I have to say: I like it.
We´ve got Practice this Evening and of Course I will test it in our Bandroom too. But until now I lke to say: Recommended!!!

Afbeelding
koentje_bassist

Bericht door koentje_bassist »

There was already a test-review-topic for the relay G30. Moderators, cut and paste!
Little Mark II - Traveler 102 - een hoop effecten - EBMM Stingray 4+5
tjoepatjoep
Ban wegens Jazz

Bericht door tjoepatjoep »

That sounds pretty OK. What was the price you paid for it?
Joep

Rickenbackerfetisjist - Vintage gearfreak - Überspammer - Essaydeserteur

Rickenbacker | Fender | Gibson

Stunning Suzy | Pigtail
AREA

Bericht door AREA »

tjoepatjoep schreef:That sounds pretty OK. What was the price you paid for it?
I´ve paid 299,- Eur. @ Thomann
johndeboer

Bericht door johndeboer »

:D € 275,- at Dijkman Alkmaar! :cheer:
Neem een Fendur en je bendur!
Pom-piedom-piedom...
Sanders
Bas-cyclo-pedie

Bericht door Sanders »

Gitarist heeft er ook zo'n 2... De beltpacks vallen bijna uit elkaar, soms valt de batterij weg, dan is die weer terug (van 3 blokjes naar uit, terug naar 3 blokjes,...). Ik vind het maar ondingen :roll:
rich13 schreef:Sanders is gek op kinderen!!! Gebakken dan...
dejohan schreef:Een hamer is nutteloos als je begonia's wil kweken.
Frank

Bericht door Frank »

Ik heb er geen problemen mee. Werkt prima
Eigen Topic
Optredens zie: Backstage: 30-Sep: Jubileum / benefiet Kaatsheuvel
bass.player

Bericht door bass.player »

Yep bij mij ook prima....
Basses by Fender, MusicMan and Höfner
Amplifiers and cabinets by Ampeg
Wiro

Bericht door Wiro »

't Verhaal komt op mij niet over als een review maar als een verkooppraatje. Wedden dat deze meneer uit Mönchengladbach commerciële belangen heeft bij dit product?
berth

Bericht door berth »

Wiro schreef:'t Verhaal komt op mij niet over als een review maar als een verkooppraatje. Wedden dat deze meneer uit Mönchengladbach commerciële belangen heeft bij dit product?
Waarom denk je dit?

Area lijkt me niet iemand die op een paar centen hoeft te kijken bij aanschaf apparatuur als ik her en der zie wat voor bassen hij aanschaft. Ik zou het raar vinden als hij dat voor iets relatief goedkoops als een line6 ding wel doet. Ik zag het zelf meer als een vervolg op zijn relaas dat de door zijn band gebruikte draadloze apparatuur niet meer voldeed. Maar misschien heb ik niet gelijk. En misschien weet jij meer dan ik.
bass.player

Bericht door bass.player »

Er is nu ook een G50 met antennes en een G90 (rackversie)
Basses by Fender, MusicMan and Höfner
Amplifiers and cabinets by Ampeg
Plaats reactie